- More Air underfoot creates a softer ride while ribbed, translucent plastic frames your air for a bold look.
- The internal booty construction and padded heel feels soft and comfortable while letting you mix up how you wear your sneakers.
- The new speed-lacing system lets you quickly personalize your fit and get going.
- The redesigned Waffle outsole has large flex grooves, mixing heritage style with a modern look.
- Springy foam midsole feels soft and comfortable
- Rubber outsole adds traction and durability
- Pull tab
- “AIR” logo is embossed on the heel for a lasting look
- Shown: Hyper Blue/White/Tour Yellow/Black
- Style: CV8835-400
Nike Air Max Origins
Revolutionary Air technology first made its way into Nike footwear in 1978. In 1987, the Air Max 1 debuted with visible Air technology in its heel, allowing fans more than just the feel of Air cushioning—suddenly they could see it. Since then, next-generation Air Max shoes have become a hit with athletes and collectors by offering striking color combinations and reliable, lightweight cushioning.